By Ian Worthington
- Traces the increase of rhetoric and its makes use of from Homer to Byzantium
- Covers wider-ranging subject matters akin to rhetoric's courting to wisdom, ethics, faith, legislation, and emotion
- Incorporates new fabric giving us clean insights into how the Greeks observed and used rhetoric
- Discusses the assumption of rhetoric and examines the prestige of rhetoric reviews, current and future
- All quotations from old assets are translated into English
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
Writing a profitable learn Paper bargains a short, functional advisor bargains a transparent and finished process for conceptualizing, coming near near, and executing the duty of writing a study paper within the humanities and social sciences. moreover, it offers: a serious and process-oriented method of the initiatives of subject choice, formula of the study query, thesis improvement, and argumentation, judiciously chosen examples drawn from a large variety of disciplines, concise therapy of the goals, equipment, and conventions of scholarly learn, together with the possibilities and pitfalls of web use, a wealth of conceptual and organizational instruments, and extra.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2011 im Fachbereich Rhetorik / Phonetik / Sprechwissenschaft, observe: 1,7, Hochschule München, Veranstaltung: Präsentation, Moderation und Beratung, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Jede individual die einen Vortrag hält, präsentiert, moderiert, eine Diskussion leitet oder in sonstiger shape in eine Interaktion mit einem Publikum tritt um Inhalte zu vermitteln ist betroffen.
The second one variation of The SAGE guide of Persuasion: advancements in thought and perform offers readers with logical, entire summaries of analysis in quite a lot of components with regards to persuasion. From a topical perspective, this instruction manual takes an interdisciplinary process, overlaying concerns that may be of curiosity to interpersonal and mass conversation researchers in addition to to psychologists and public future health practitioners.
The neighborhood institution board is one among America’s enduring venues of lay democracy at paintings. In Democracy, Deliberation, and schooling, Robert Asen takes the heart beat of this democratic exemplar via an in-depth research of 3 neighborhood tuition forums in Wisconsin. In so doing, Asen identifies the wider democratic excellent within the so much parochial of yankee settings.
- Michelle Obama: First Lady, American Rhetor (Communicating Gender)
- International Life Writing: Memory and Identity in Global Context
- Rhetoric: An Historical Introduction
- Communication Ethics and Crisis: Negotiating Differences in Public and Private Spheres (The Fairleigh Dickinson University Press Series in Communication Studies)
- Epideictic Rhetoric: Questioning the Stakes of Ancient Praise (Ashley and Peter Larkin Series in Greek and Roman Culture)
Extra info for A Companion to Greek Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Ian Worthington