By Lara B., PhD, LCSW Gerassi,Andrea J., PhD Nichols
- Integrates a trauma knowledgeable lens in perform, software layout, and interagency responses.
- Uses an intersectional method of learn identity-based oppression.
- Highlights the significance of cultural competency in perform and software layout, prevention and outreach efforts, and interagency and legal justice procedure responses.
- Reviews the different sorts of intercourse trafficking and CSE, the physiological and mental results, a variety of hazard components, and the specific wishes of survivors to inspire practitioners to tailor interventions to the explicit wishes of every client.
- Examines the function of social employees and practitioners in interagency coalitions/ neighborhood established responses to trafficking and exploitation.
- Explores legislative and legal justice responses to intercourse trafficking.
- Takes a extensive societal standpoint through studying the function of possibility components facilitating intercourse trafficking victimization.
The booklet synthesizes and opinions the prevailing examine studying the generally mentioned symptoms of intercourse trafficking/CSE guiding id and screening, and examines direct perform innovations with numerous populations together with evidence-based trauma remedies. different chapters advisor the reader in imposing trauma-informed programming in a number of organizational settings, advocating for intercourse trafficking and CSE survivors in the felony justice method, and imposing potent prevention, know-how, and outreach courses in faculties, coalitions, and neighborhood organizations.
Intended as a textual content for higher department classes on intercourse or human trafficking, interventions with girls, trauma interventions, violence opposed to ladies, or gender and crime taught in social paintings, psychology, counseling, and legal justice, this publication can also be an awesome source for practitioners operating with sufferers of intercourse trafficking and CSE in a number of settings together with baby protecting companies, the legal justice method, healthcare, faculties, and more.
By Julie Birkenmaier,Marla Berg-Weger
This textual content for generalist perform classes is additionally on hand with a treasure trove of similar fabrics to be used in a or three-course perform series. The textual content is helping translate the guiding theoretical views of social justice, human rights, and significant social building into practical social paintings perform. Six specific situations, in particular written for this sequence, supply a "learning by means of doing" framework unavailable from the other social paintings writer. spouse readings and plenty of different assets allow this article to be the center piece for 3 semesters of perform instructing. visit www.routledgesw.com to profit more.
This customized version contains chapters 10-13 for teachers instructing the 3rd semester of a three-semester generalist perform series, and is additionally to be had in ebook versions in a whole diversity of electronic formats.
By Annemarie Jost,Jan V. Wirth
By Christophe Gaignon
By Rafael J. Engel,Russell K. Schutt
By Cornelia Schäfter
By Juhani Laurinkari,Merja Tarvainen
By Stephan Rietmann,Gregor Hensen,Gerald Prein,Erich Sass,Claus J. Tully
By Maria Vidal De Haymes,Keith Kilty,Elizabeth Segal
- the implications people immigration coverage for immigrants, refugees, and native-born Latino electorate
- the language limitations which can hinder Latinos from complete participation in either society and academic courses
- health care rules and the occasionally tragic effects of the inability of medical health insurance
- the position of extracurricular actions in retaining Latino scholars at school
- the dual calamities often called gentrification and concrete blightThis accomplished ebook offers social employees and policymakers with wide-ranging analyses of a few of the urgent concerns and social guidelines that have an effect on Hispanics within the usa. Latino Poverty within the New Century explores how you can preserve Latino formative years in highschool, advertise group association, motivate Latinos to vote, and raise your realizing of migration dynamics. Containing present examine and case reports, this necessary publication can help you understand the demanding situations that Latinos face during this state and recognize the profits they've got made even with the hindrances of their manner.
By Joel T. Nigg